The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
New Mexico State Flexibility to Stabilize the Market Grant Award
Grant Application Summary
New Mexico Grantee: New Mexico Office of Superintendent of Insurance
Award Date: August 20, 2018
Total Award: $279,843.03
Baseline Award: $274,344.83
Workload Award: $5,498.20
Section 2702 - In addition to ensuring health insurance issuers are offering approved products for purchase, the New Mexico Office of Superintendent of Insurance will research and develop a data call strategy for conducting a market scan of their health insurance markets. Based on the analysis, New Mexico will develop recommendations on regulatory and legislative changes. New Mexico will also develop templates to ensure compliance in future filings.
Section 2707 - The New Mexico Office of Superintendent of Insurance will analyze the current Essential Health Benefits (EHB) benchmark plan and identify gaps in compliance. Based on the analysis, New Mexico will evaluate options for a new EHB plan or supplement to the current plan. Evaluation will include an actuarial analysis of the impact of premium cost and affordability of proposed EHB benchmark plans or adjustments.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)