The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Rhode Island State Flexibility to Stabilize the Market Grant Award
Grant Application Summary
Rhode Island Grantee: Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation
Award Date: August 20, 2018
Total Award: $276,715.91
Baseline Award: $274,344.83
Workload Award: $2,371.08
Section 2702 - The Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation will conduct a market scan of the four major carriers to ensure compliance with the coverage requirement that all products approved for sale in Rhode Island are available for purchase by any individual or employer requesting those products.
Section 2703 - The Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation will conduct a market scan of the four major carriers to ensure compliance with the coverage requirement that all carriers must renew or continue in force coverage at the option of the employer or the individual.
Section 2707 - The Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation will conduct an analysis of the current Essential Health Benefits (EHB) benchmark plan against other state benchmark plans and explore the potential for an innovative benchmark plan that would be beneficial not only to those purchasing in Rhode Island, but as an opportunity for other states to consider the same.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)