The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
South Dakota State Flexibility to Stabilize the Market Grant Award
Grant Application Summary
South Dakota Grantee: South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
Award Date: August 20, 2018
Total Award: $278,118.05
Baseline Award: $274,344.83
Workload Award: $3,773.22
Sections 2702 and 2703 - In addition to ensuring health insurance issuers are offering approved products for purchase and continue to offer coverage at the option of an individual or plan sponsor (unless an exception applies),the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation will perform a study of the impact of non-Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant plans on the current market to ensure adequate product availability and affordability, including the transition of plans to the individual and small group markets. South Dakota will also perform an assessment of the impact a reinsurance program or high risk pool would have on the current South Dakota marketplace.
Section 2707 - The South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation will perform an assessment of the current Essential Health Benefits (EHB) benchmark plan, which may include researching other State EHB benchmark plans, determining if plans offering EHB are meeting the needs of the individual and small group markets in South Dakota, including affordability, and to identify areas of potential adjustments to the existing EHB benchmark plan. South Dakota will also enhance or reconcile State law with Federal EHB requirements. The South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation will also develop standard operating procedures, tools, and/or training materials to aide in the review of plans and networks for discriminatory benefit and/or network design.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)