The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Wyoming State Flexibility to Stabilize the Market Grant Award
Grant Application Summary
Wyoming Grantee: Wyoming Department of Insurance
Award Date: August 20, 2018
Total Award: $275,558.40
Baseline Award: $274,344.83
Workload Award: $1,213.57
Sections 2702 and 2703 - In addition to reviewing all plans in the individual and small group markets for compliance with applicable State and Federal laws and guidance, including Federal non-discrimination and affordability standards, the Wyoming Department of Insurance will contract with an actuarial and market consultant to assess the impact of proposed Federal regulations regarding Short-Term Limited Duration Plans (STLDs), Association Health Plans (AHPs), and expanded Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs) on Wyoming’s health insurance market, and use the analysis to propose changes to stabilize Wyoming's health insurance market. Wyoming will evaluate the impact of these programs on Wyoming’s uninsured population, individuals enrolled on the Marketplace, and those individuals above 400% of the Federal poverty level (FPL) and thus not financially qualified to receive Advance Premium Tax Credits (APTC) but are purchasing individual and small group plans. The Wyoming Department of Insurance will also conduct a study to ascertain the depth, breadth, and scope of the uninsured population in Wyoming and potential for this population to become enrolled in alternative plans, if the proposed STLDs, AHPs, and expanded MEWAs are allowed. The analysis shall include the impact of these plans on enrollment in the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM), premium increases or decreases on the Marketplace, and the potential for additional insurers in the state.
Section 2707 - The Wyoming Department of Insurance will contract with an actuarial and market consultant to assess the impact of proposed federal regulations regarding Short-Term Limited Duration Plans (STLDs), Association Health Plans (AHPs), and expanded Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs) on Wyoming’s health insurance market. Wyoming will identify potentially discriminatory plan designs in STLDs, AHPs, MEWAs (in comparison to ACA-qualified plans) as well as assess anticipated premium increases or decreases, market shifts, impact on enrollment, and potential market trends stemming from these policy changes.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)