The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Requests for Information or Comments
CMS requests information regarding health plan quality management in Affordable Insurance Exchanges.
Closed: December 27, 2012
CMS is requesting information regarding section 1331 of the Affordable Care Act, which provides States with the option to establish a Basic Health Program. This option permits States to enter into contracts to offer one or more "standard health plans" providing at least the essential health benefits described in section 1302(b) of the Affordable Care Act to eligible individuals in lieu of offering such individuals coverage through the Affordable Insurance Exchange (Exchange).
Closed: October 29, 2011
The Department of Health and Human Services is asking States, consumer advocates, employers, insurers, and other interested stakeholders to comment on the types of standards Exchanges should be required to meet.
Closed: October 4, 2010
The Department of Health and Human Services is asking stakeholders to help inform the development of regulations governing the CO-OP program. The Affordable Care Act calls for the establishment of the Consumer Operated and Oriented Plan (CO-OP) Program, to foster the creation of nonprofit health insurance issuers to offer qualified health plans in the individual and small group markets. HHS will make loans to such nonprofit entities to fund start-up costs and award grants to assist them in meeting State solvency requirements. Comments are due 30 days from the February 2, 2011 date of publication in the Federal Register.
Closed: March 4, 2011
The Departments of Health and Human Services, Labor and Treasury invited public comment to aid in the development of regulations regarding Section 2718 of the PHS Act. Section 2718 requires health insurance issuers offering individual or group coverage to submit annual reports to the Secretary on the percentages of premiums that the coverage spends on reimbursement for clinical services and activities that improve health care quality, and to provide rebates to enrollees if this spending does not meet minimum standards for a given plan year.
Closed: May 14, 2010
The Department of Health and Human Services invited public comments regarding Section 2794 to the Public Health Service Act. Section 2794 requires the Secretary to work with States to establish an annual review of unreasonable rate increases, to monitor premium increases and to award grants to States to carry out their rate review process.
Closed: May 14, 2010
CMS, along with the Department of Labor and the Treasury, requested information regarding the use of stop loss insurance by group health plans and their plan sponsors, with a focus on the prevalence and consequences of stop loss insurance at low attachment points.
Closed: July 2, 2012
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources