The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Pennsylvania Affordable Insurance Exchange Grants Awards List
Pennsylvania has received two grant awards to build its Affordable Insurance Exchange. This includes a Planning Grant and a Level One Establishment Grant.
Summaries of Pennsylvania’s applications for each grant are provided below:
Establishment Grant Level One Application Summary
Administrator: Pennsylvania Insurance Department
Award Amount: $33,832,212
Award Date: February 22, 2012
Application Due Date: December 30, 2011
Level of Funding: Level One
Summary: The Pennsylvania Insurance Department submitted an application for a Level One Establishment Grant to support continued progress toward the establishment of a State based Health Insurance Exchange. With funds from a Level One Establishment Grant, Pennsylvania plans to continue research-supported planning to assure that the state designs and facilitates the development of a new marketplace that meets the needs of its residents and the objectives of the State. The funds from this Level One Establishment Grant would allow Pennsylvania to complete planning for a Health Insurance Exchange and make decisions regarding development and design. The State would also begin the technical build of infrastructure modifications required for the Exchange’s technical systems, financial management, and business operations while preparing for consumer outreach and education.
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Pennsylvania Department of Insurance
Amount Awarded: $1,000,000
- Address Information Technology (IT) needs; including altering their various IT benefit systems (Medicaid, Food Stamps, Exchange) so they have the ability to “talk to each other,” and designing a web-portal that offers a common entry point for consumers.
- Produce a comprehensive report on the insurance market, uninsured populations, various Exchange models, and a cost analysis of program integration.
- Analysis of the steps necessary to integrate public programs and private insurance processes and a cost analysis of such integration.
- Identification of financial, information technology and business operations processes required for implementation of a successful Exchange.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources