Medicare Summary Notice
The Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) is used to notify beneficiaries of decisions on claims for Medicare benefits.
Messages are printed on the MSN to explain both general and claims-specific information to beneficiaries.
Contractors responsible for printing MSNs are notified of new or revised MSN messages through Technical Direction Letters or Change Requests.
To view the current (printable) list of MSN messages, see below under "Downloads."
- Complete MSN Message List Updated 09-17-15 [XLSX, 122KB]
- MSN Message Character Limits [XLSX, 20KB]
- Chapter 21 - Medicare Summary Notices - English Exhibits [ZIP, 2MB]
- Chapter 21 - Medicare Summary Notices - Spanish Exhibits [ZIP, 1MB]
- Sample Part A Medicare Summary Notice [PDF, 2MB]
- Sample Part B Medicare Summary Notice [PDF, 2MB]
- Sample DME Medicare Summary Notice [PDF, 2MB]
- Page last Modified: 06/08/2015 11:34 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins