Partners & employers
What do the new Medicare cards mean for partners & employers?
We started new Medicare card outreach to and education for people with Medicare in January 2018, before we started mailing the new Medicare cards. The new cards have new Medicare Beneficiary Identifiers (MBIs) instead of Social Security Number (SSN)-based Health Insurance Claim Numbers (HICNs) to help protect the identities of people with Medicare.
Where can partners & employers get more information about the new Medicare cards?
- Get our September 2018, May 2018, April 2018, and January 2018 partner update slides.
- We’re holding Open Door Forums so we can get your feedback and hear how things are going. You can also get training materials from our past Open Door Forums.
- You can also check our new Medicare card Outreach & education page to get information for you and resources you can use when you talk to people with Medicare about the new Medicare cards.
- Read our frequently asked questions.
- Page last Modified: 01/16/2019 9:33 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins