CMS has renamed the EHR Incentive Programs to the Promoting Interoperability (PI) Programs to continue the agency’s focus on improving patients’ access to health information and reducing the time and cost required of providers to comply with the programs’ requirements. For more information, visit the landing page where CMS will publish updates and additional resources as soon as they are available.
Promoting Interoperability Programs Webinars
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) hosts regular webinars to educate the healthcare community about topics related to the Promoting Interoperability Programs (PI). During these events, CMS program experts provide updates on program changes, requirements, and deadlines; upcoming events; and new resources. Program experts also reserve time at the end of each webinar to address audience questions.
For questions about upcoming webinars or previous events, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to the PI listserv, and be the first to learn about upcoming events.
CMS does not currently have any PI Programs webinars scheduled. Subscribe to the PI listserv, and be the first to learn about upcoming events.
Led by CMS program experts, the Vendor Workgroup features monthly webinars and Q&A sessions designed to provide updates, give technical assistance, and address questions or concerns related to CMS quality reporting and value-based purchasing programs. Topics range from meeting program and certification requirements, to issues that could affect health IT companies and their products, such as tools and standards used in conjunction with electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) development, implementation, and submission.
Health IT vendors providing Certified Electronic Health Record Technology (CEHRT), quality reporting tools, or service may sign up by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include your name, company, title, email, phone, address, and the health IT/quality reporting products you manage. If there are specifics on which you would like CMS to present, please include a description of the topic in your e-mail as well.
Vendor Workgroup Presentations
- August 23, 2018 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on the Quality Payment Program, 2018 CMS QRDA III Implementation Guide for Eligible Clinicians and Eligible Professionals, FY 2019 Medicare IPPS and LTCH Final Rule, Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program, and Health Information Technology Advisory Committee (HITAC), as well as Post-Acute Care Announcements, and a presentation on the CMS Data Element Library.
- July 19, 2018 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on the Quality Data Model (QDM) v5.4 Standard, and various updates surrounding the Quality Payment Program.
- May 24, 2018 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on eCQI Resource Center, Direct Referenced Codes, Technical Release Notes, and the annual update for 2019 reporting/performance overview, an update on OCR Cybersecurity and Breach resources, and information on the Medicare and Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Programs Name Change.
*For previous year presentations before 2016, click here.
HIMSS Conference & Exhibition
CMS joins the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) along with more than 40,000 health IT professionals, clinicians, executives, and vendors each year at the HIMSS Conference & Exhibition to participate in various educational and networking opportunities related to health information technology. Each year, CMS hosts educational and office hour sessions, that provide a unique opportunity for industry stakeholders to interact personally with agency representatives and receive the most up-to-date information on CMS’ programs and requirements.
CMS will attend the 2019 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference & Exhibition in Orlando from February 11-February 15, 2019.
- Page last Modified: 09/06/2018 12:17 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins