Texas Affordable Insurance Exchange Grants Awards List
Texas has received a Planning Grant to build its Affordable Insurance Exchange.
A summary of Texas’ grant application is provided below:
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Texas Department of Insurance
Amount Awarded: $1,000,000
- Coordinate Texas’ Exchange planning efforts between the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) and the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
- Use funds to examine specific circumstances of the State. Texas currently has the highest percentage of uninsured (over 26 percent) of any State in the country, as well as the second highest number of uninsured residents (over 6 million).
- Develop considerations about setting up regional Exchanges within the State.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)