Office of the Administrator
Seema Verma, Administrator
Paul Mango, Chief Principal Deputy Administrator and Chief of Staff
Brady Brookes, Deputy Administrator and Deputy Chief of Staff
Kimberly Brandt, Principal Deputy Administrator for Policy and Operations
Demetrios Kouzoukas, Principal Deputy Administrator for Medicare and Director, Center for Medicare
Adam Boehler, Deputy Administrator for Innovation Policy
Christopher Traylor, Deputy Administrator for Strategy
Jennifer Main, Acting Chief Operating Officer
Karen Jackson, Deputy Chief Operating Officer
- The Administrator directs the planning, coordination, and implementation of the programs under Titles XI, XVIII, XIX, and XXI of the Social Security Act and related statutes, as amended, and directs the development of effective relationships between these programs and private and federally supported health-related programs.
- Within broad Department of Health and Human Services policy and guidelines, the Administrator oversees the establishment of program goals and objectives and the development of policies, standards and guidelines; evaluates progress in the administration of CMS programs; and ensures that required actions are taken to direct or redirect efforts to achieve program objectives.
- The Administrator works with the States, other Federal agencies and other concerned nongovernmental organizations in administering health care financing programs.
- The Administrator is assisted by a Principal Deputy Administrator, who functions with full authority during the Administrator's absence.
- Page last Modified: 10/16/2018 1:12 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins