For health disparities researchers interested in using Medicare and/or Medicaid data, the Research Data Assistance Center (ResDAC) Assistance Desk, located at the University of Minnesota and staffed by master's-level trained technical advisors (TAs), provides technical assistance with the following Medicare and Medicaid-related data tasks:
- Understanding and interpreting Medicare and Medicaid program policies and coverage;
- Learning about the strengths, weaknesses, and applications of Medicare and Medicaid data;
- Understanding the creation of CMS's administrative data files and claims processing;
- Reviewing the methods of cohort identification and file specifications;
- Generating cost estimates and invoices for CMS data; and
- Preparing a request for CMS data.
ResDAC TAs respond to requests within 7-10 business days.
More information about ResDAC: www.resdac.org