The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Louisiana Affordable Insurance Exchange Grants Awards List
Louisiana has received a Planning Grant to build its Affordable Insurance Exchange.
A summary of Louisiana’s application is provided below:
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
Amount Awarded: $998,416
- Assess governance options for the Exchange.
- Research the legal structure that will be put in place based upon the type of Exchange selected by the State.
- Analyze all rules and regulations issued by HHS relative to the Exchange and their impact on Louisiana.
- Draft any legislation and or regulations relative to the Exchange.
- Circulate drafts of legislation to stakeholders and interested parties for comments prior to the pre-filing date.
- Hold educational seminars and provide to leadership, members and staff of the Louisiana Legislature resources for understanding federal requirements for an Exchange and Louisiana policy makers’ role in the decision making and implementation process to ensure the State’s compliance.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources