The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Missouri Affordable Insurance Exchange Grants Awards List
Missouri has received two grant awards to build its Affordable Insurance Exchange. This includes a Planning Grant and a Level One Establishment Grant.
Summaries of Missouri’s applications for each grant are provided below:
Establishment Grant Level One Application Summary
Administrator: Missouri Health Insurance Pool
Award Amount: $20,865,716
Award Date: August 12, 2011
Application Due Date: June 30, 2011
Level of Funding: Level One
Summary: Missouri will build on its significant Exchange planning progress to implement a single, statewide exchange. Missouri will: build the exchange IT system, which will be highly coordinated with state agencies to enable a streamlined, single-portal eligibility and enrollment system; expand its existing stakeholder engagement process to facilitate deeper dialogue and leverage expertise on targeted topics; and, establish the appropriate levels of financial oversight and control to ensure program integrity.
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Missouri Department of Insurance
Amount Awarded: $1,000,000
- Provide a planning and development infrastructure to support launching an insurance Exchange.
- Determine the organizational structure of any such Exchange.
- Explore the establishment of a regional Exchange with neighboring States.
- Compile cost estimates for providing coverage to potential populations and gather health status for such populations.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)