The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Missouri Affordable Insurance Exchange Grants Awards List
Missouri has received two grant awards to build its Affordable Insurance Exchange. This includes a Planning Grant and a Level One Establishment Grant.
Summaries of Missouri’s applications for each grant are provided below:
Establishment Grant Level One Application Summary
Administrator: Missouri Health Insurance Pool
Award Amount: $20,865,716
Award Date: August 12, 2011
Application Due Date: June 30, 2011
Level of Funding: Level One
Summary: Missouri will build on its significant Exchange planning progress to implement a single, statewide exchange. Missouri will: build the exchange IT system, which will be highly coordinated with state agencies to enable a streamlined, single-portal eligibility and enrollment system; expand its existing stakeholder engagement process to facilitate deeper dialogue and leverage expertise on targeted topics; and, establish the appropriate levels of financial oversight and control to ensure program integrity.
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Missouri Department of Insurance
Amount Awarded: $1,000,000
- Provide a planning and development infrastructure to support launching an insurance Exchange.
- Determine the organizational structure of any such Exchange.
- Explore the establishment of a regional Exchange with neighboring States.
- Compile cost estimates for providing coverage to potential populations and gather health status for such populations.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources