The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
New Mexico Health Insurance Marketplace Grants Awards List
New Mexico has received four grant awards to build its Health Insurance Marketplace. This includes a Planning Grant and three Level One Establishment Grants.
Summaries of New Mexico's applications for each grant are provided below:
Establishment Grant Level One Application Summary
Administrator: New Mexico Human Services Department
Award Amount: $34,279,483; $18,600,000; $69,402,117
Award Date: November 29, 2011; July 9, 2013; January 22, 2014
Application Due Date: September 30, 2011; May 15, 2013; November 15, 2013
Level of Funding: Level One
Summary: New Mexico will use Level One funding to develop and establish the New Mexico Health Insurance Exchange over the next 12 months and to meet the timelines for certification and operation by 2014. The objectives for Level One funding are to: refine the Exchange vision and objectives to comply with laws and regulations; amend state law as necessary to comply with federal law; secure staff and consultant resources for Exchange planning, development, implementation, operations, and stakeholder engagement; develop and implement a multi-year Exchange business and operational plan, including the activities, timelines, and benchmarks and the IT infrastructure and functionality necessary to fully operate in 2014; develop systems and program capacity in each core area to achieve Exchange certification by January 2013; submit a Level Two Establishment grant application in March 2012; begin Exchange operations in 2014; and, determine funding mechanisms to be self-sustaining by 2015.
New Mexico Human Services Department’s additional Level One award will be used to support comprehensive outreach, education, and marketing activities; and fund costs training and standards for the establishing the State’s Navigator program, and support the operations of the State’s In-person assistance personnel (also known as non-Navigator assistance personnel). New Mexico’s award also includes funding for extensive outreach at local events. The State will partner with nonprofit organizations, counties, schools and universities, faith communities, providers, and business organizations. The State will provide targeted outreach and education to tribal sovereign Nations at health fairs and events, and create an educational website and hotlinks for Native Americans.
New Mexico’s third Level One award will largely support the state’s efforts in implementing Information Technology (IT) advancements for eligibility and enrollment in the individual Marketplace in 2015. The funding will also provide resources for outreach and education about the Marketplace.
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: New Mexico Department of Human Services
Amount Awarded: $1,000,000
- Fund a financial modeling tool and report, which will identify the population of affected individuals and employers and project the effect of an Exchange(s) on the marketplace, populations of affected individuals, State expenditures and changes in spending by payer.
- Determine the changed distribution of health insurance coverage by payer and the change in health insurance coverage under all of the federal health care reform measures.
- Study and begin to implement the details of implementing the Exchange(s).
- Provide follow-up research and analyses, as suggested by the direction and inquiries made by the Legislature and the incoming Governor.
- Consider a regional Exchange for group purchasing or collective IT vendor.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources