The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
South Carolina Affordable Insurance Exchange Grants Awards List
South Carolina has received a Planning Grant to build its Affordable Insurance Exchange.
A summary of South Carolina’s grant application is provided below:
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: South Carolina Department of Insurance
Amount Awarded: $1,000,000
- Determine the feasibility of establishing a health insurance Exchange or Exchanges in this State in accordance with the provisions of the Affordable Care Act.
- Generate a final report and policy recommendations on the feasibility of establishing as insurance Exchange in South Carolina. The report will set forth:
- The issues associated with the various Exchange options (governance, administration and benefit design); and
- The advantages and disadvantages of each for South Carolina as well as the cost of each option.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources