The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Texas Affordable Insurance Exchange Grants Awards List
Texas has received a Planning Grant to build its Affordable Insurance Exchange.
A summary of Texas’ grant application is provided below:
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Texas Department of Insurance
Amount Awarded: $1,000,000
- Coordinate Texas’ Exchange planning efforts between the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) and the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
- Use funds to examine specific circumstances of the State. Texas currently has the highest percentage of uninsured (over 26 percent) of any State in the country, as well as the second highest number of uninsured residents (over 6 million).
- Develop considerations about setting up regional Exchanges within the State.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources