The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Wisconsin Affordable Insurance Exchange Grants Awards List
Wisconsin has received two grant awards to build its Affordable Insurance Exchange. This includes a Planning Grant and an Early Innovator Grant.
Summaries of Wisconsin’s applications for each grant are provided below:
Early Innovator Grant
Grantee: Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Award Amount: $37,757,266
Wisconsin anticipates that the health insurance exchange will help drive improvements in the delivery of affordable, quality care for up to 160,000 individuals in the non-group market, one million employees of small businesses, and 770,000 participants in the BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid programs, representing nearly 35% of the state’s population. Wisconsin’s proposal envisions a single, intuitive portal through which residents can access subsidized and non-subsidized health care and other state-based programs (e.g. Medicaid, CHIP, child care). The Exchange will integrate across health and human services programs to promote efficiency and lower overall administrative cost.
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Amount Awarded: $999,873
- Design an Exchange that moves beyond an aggregator of health insurance options, to a mechanism that influences how health care is delivered in the State. Application makes clear that Wisconsin sees the Exchange as a “transformative force.”
- Contract to develop a predictive model to measure the impact of the insurance market reforms on Wisconsin, coupled with other requirements of the Affordable Care Act.
- Maintain Exchange resource information on the Office of Health Care Reform web site to allow stakeholders to stay informed and provide input.
- Conduct surveys of the individual, small group, and large group markets, and model and analyze insurance reform impacts to assure clear understanding of Wisconsin’s current and future health insurance landscape.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources