About the Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office
|SPOTLIGHT & RELEASES|
|03/21/2019 - FY 2018 Report to Congress|
|3/7/2019: Medicare-Medicaid Dually Eligible Individuals Fact Sheet|
Advancing Care for People with Medicaid and Medicare
The Federal Coordinated Health Care Office (Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office) serves people who are dually enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid, also known as dually eligible individuals or Medicare-Medicaid enrollees. Our goal is to make sure dually eligible individuals have full access to seamless, high quality health care and to make the system as cost-effective as possible.
The Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office works with the Medicaid and Medicare programs, across federal agencies, states, and stakeholders to align and coordinate benefits between the two programs effectively and efficiently. We partner with states to develop new care models and improve the way dually eligible individuals receive health care.
The goals of the Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office are:
1. Providing dual eligible individuals full access to the benefits to which such individuals are entitled to under the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
2. Simplifying the processes for dual eligible individuals to access the items and services they are entitled to under the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
3. Improving the quality of health care and long-term services for dual eligible individuals.
4. Increasing dual eligible individuals' understanding of and satisfaction with coverage under the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
5. Eliminating regulatory conflicts between rules under the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
6. Improving care continuity and ensuring safe and effective care transitions for dual eligible individuals.
7. Eliminating cost-shifting between the Medicare and Medicaid program and among related health care providers.
8. Improving the quality of performance of providers of services and suppliers under the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
You may also sign up for regular email updates by visiting this link.
Please note - if you have questions regarding a bill you have received, applying for Medicaid, how to obtain assistance with your health care costs or billing a beneficiary, please visit: The Medicare-Medicaid General Information page.
- MMCODuallyEligibleIndividualsFactSheet03112019 [PDF, 389KB]
- RTC-MMCO_FY2018 [PDF, 2MB]
- FYs 2011 - 2017 Reports to Congress Archive [ZIP, 2MB]
- Federal Law Creating the Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office [PDF, 53KB]
- HHS Letter to Congress on Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office [PDF, 335KB]
- Federal Register Notice, Establishing the Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office [PDF, 53KB]
- Page last Modified: 03/21/2019 12:13 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins