Medicare unit cost increases by service category based on the Office of the Actuary’s projection assumptions.
- These trends are based on current law; they do not reflect the impact of proposed regulations.
- These increases reflect increases in the applicable market basket or fee schedule and do not include estimates for case-mix or other residual changes.
- In developing bid assumptions certifying actuaries must consider other influences (such as, legislation, selection, and price proxies) that may affect these trends.
- FFS Trends (2016-2018) [PDF, 203KB]
- Narrative supporting 2018 growth rate [PDF, 417KB]
- FFS Trends (2015-2017) [PDF, 204KB]
- Narrative supporting 2017 growth rate [PDF, 596KB]
- FFS Trends (2014-2016) [PDF, 169KB]
- Narrative supporting 2016 growth rate [PDF, 536KB]
- FFS Trends (2013-2015) [PDF, 59KB]
- Narrative supporting 2015 growth rate [PDF, 144KB]
- FFS Trends (2012-2014) [PDF, 38KB]
- Page last Modified: 04/10/2017 2:20 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins