Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Data Submission Deadlines
When does LTCH quality data have to be submitted?
LTCHs must report data to meet the LTCH QRP requirements. LTCHs must submit data no later than 11:59 p.m. by the deadlines provided by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The LTCH Continuity Assessment Record and Evaluation (CARE) Data Set (LCDS) must be transmitted to CMS via the Internet Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (iQIES). Data for the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) measures must be submitted to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). No additional data submission is required for the claims-based measures.
The data collection and submission deadlines for each Annual Update (i.e., APU) determination year are summarized in the tables available in the Downloads section on this webpage.
CMS strongly encourages all facilities to submit data several days prior to the deadline to allow time to address any submission issues and to provide an opportunity to review submissions to ensure data are complete.
Visit CMS Resources for NHSN Users webpage for:
- Guidance on how to run and interpret NHSN output reports
- Checklist to ensure complete reporting into NHSN
Visit the NHSN fact sheet:
- When trying to determine when monthly reporting plan, event, and summary data were first entered or last modified
Please contact the NHSN Helpdesk: NHSN@cdc.gov if you have any questions.
- For questions about LTCH quality data submitted to CMS via CDC’s NHSN, or NHSN Registration: NHSN@cdc.gov.
- For questions about quality measure calculation, data submission deadlines, or data elements contained within the LTCH CARE Data Set: LTCHQualityQuestions@cms.hhs.gov
- For questions about LCDS submissions or status of data submissions via iQIES, or reports, call 1-800-339-9313 or email email@example.com.
- Subscribe to the Post-Acute Care (PAC) QRP listserv for the latest LTCH quality reporting and Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act information including but not limited to training, stakeholder engagement opportunities, and general updates about reporting requirements, quality measures, and reporting deadlines.
August 11, 2020
LTCH QRP Data Collection & Final Submission Deadlines for FY 2022
A table providing the data collection time frames and final submission deadlines for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) is available in the Downloads section.