LTCH Quality Reporting Data Submission Deadlines
When does Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) quality data have to be submitted?
LTCHs must report data to meet the Long-Term Care Hospital Quality Reporting Program (LTCH QRP) requirements. LTCHs must submit data no later than 11:59 p.m. by the deadlines we have listed below. The LTCH CARE Data Set must be transmitted to CMS via the Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (iQIES). Data for the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) measures must be submitted to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). No additional data submission is required for the claims-based measures.
The data collection and submission deadlines for each APU determination year are summarized in the tables available in the Downloads section below.
CMS strongly encourages all facilities to submit data several days prior to the deadline to allow time to address any submission issues and to provide opportunity to review submissions to ensure data is complete.
Visit CMS Resources for NHSN Users webpage for:
- Guidance on how to run and interpret NHSN output reports
- Checklist to ensure complete reporting into NHSN.
Visit the NHSN fact sheet:
- When trying to determine when monthly reporting plan, event, and summary data were first entered or last modified.
Please contact the NHSN Helpdesk: NHSN@cdc.gov if you have any questions.
- For questions about LTCH quality data submitted to CMS via CDC’s NHSN, or NHSN Registration: NHSN@cdc.gov.
- For questions about quality measure calculation, data submission deadlines, or data elements contained within the LTCH CARE Data Set: LTCHQualityQuestions@cms.hhs.gov
- For questions about LTCH CARE Data Set submissions or status of data submissions via iQIES, or reports, call 1-800-339-9313 or email .
- Subscribe to the PAC QRP listserv for the latest LTCH quality reporting and IMPACT Act information including but not limited to training, stakeholder engagement opportunities, and general updates about reporting requirements, quality measures, and reporting deadlines.
September 14, 2018
A document containing the data collection time frames and data submission deadlines for the FY 2020 LTCH QRP is available in the Downloads section below. The table includes the measures, data collection time frames, and data submission deadlines for the FY 2020 LTCH QRP.LTCH QRP Archives