Special Open Door Forums
When a Special Open Door Forum (ODF) is scheduled, please refer to the "Downloads" section below for the Special ODF details and RSVP information. Approximately one week after the Special ODF has passed, the announcement, transcript and MP3 audio file will be posted under the "Downloads" section in one Download link for 30 days. They will no longer be separate files.
CMS has Special Forums throughout the year, to independently discuss new and important program topics.
** Updated: May 5, 2015 - Special Open Door Forum (ODF): Home Health Electronic Clinical Template and Home Health Paper Clinical Template, Wednesday, May 20, 2015 from 2:30-3:30pm Eastern Time. The purpose of this SODF, in fiscal year 2014, the Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) program found that more than half (51.4 percent) of the home health claims were paid improperly. Of the 1308 CERT-reviewed claim lines in error, approximately 90 percent were found to have insufficient documentation errors. To assist physicians/practitioners in documenting patient eligibility for the Medicare home health benefit, CMS is considering the development of a voluntary electronic clinical template and a voluntary home health paper clinical template. Below is the link to our event page where the templates will be posted:
https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Monitoring-Programs/Medicare-FFS-Compliance-Programs/Medical-Review/Home_Health_Medical_Review_Update.html. Feedback and questions on the templates can be sent to: HomeHealthTemplate@cms.hhs.gov. If you wish to participate, dial: 1-800-603-1774 & Conference ID: 78964234. We look forward to your participation. Please see the Downloads section below for the full call announcement. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
- Tuesday, June 2, 2015 – Transcript & Audio File (Zip File) - Home Health Quality Reporting Requirements: Quality Assessments Only (QAO) Measure Review and Historical Performance Reports, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [ZIP, 12MB]
- Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - Transcript & Audio File (Zip File) - Certificate of Medical Necessity (CMN) and Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Information Form (DIF) Elimination Discussion, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [ZIP, 12MB]
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015 – Home Health Electronic Clinical Template and Home Health Paper Clinical Template, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [PDF, 22KB]
- Thursday, May 7, 2015 – Transcript & Audio File (Zip File) - All About Home Health Patient Survey (HHCAHPS) Star Ratings, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [ZIP, 10MB]
- CMS Survey and Certification Group Training Site - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- All Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up (Receive notices for all ODFs) - Opens in a new window
- Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) of 1995
- MLN Matters Articles
- Page last Modified: 06/26/2015 10:02 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins