IT Investment Selection Phase
During the IT Investment Selection Phase, CMS seeks to ensure that only sound and viable investments are selected (approved) for funding and inclusion in the CMS IT Investment Portfolio. CMS's focus is on investing money and resources in IT investments/projects that meet the following criteria:
- Align with strategic CMS business objectives and priorities;
- Anticipate a positive return on investment as determined by an analysis of project costs and benefits;
- Have an acceptable level of risk (especially with regard to an assessment of business and security risks), with an appropriate risk mitigation strategy;
- Have an acceptable technical strategy that is compliant with CMS's Enterprise Architecture; and
- Have an acceptable acquisition strategy.