MAPD Help Desk
The MAPD Help Desk provides technical system support to CMS business partners for the implementation and operation of Medicare Parts C and D. This systems information is provided to assist external business partners with connectivity, testing and data exchange with CMS. Please direct questions or concerns for any information on this site to the MAPD Help Desk at MAPDHelp@cms.hhs.gov or 1-800-927-8069.
Bulletin Board of Current Plan Communications
- April 28, 2016 – MARx UI Availability on Sunday, May 1, 2016
Please be advised that MARx UI login functionality may not be available between 12:00 AM ET and 6:00 AM ET on Sunday, May 1, 2016 due to weekly EIDM maintenance.
- April 25, 2016 – MARx UI Availability on Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Please be advised that MARx UI login functionality may not be available between 12:00 AM ET and 4:00 AM ET on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 due to server patching.
- April 21, 2016 – MARx UI Availability on Sunday, April 24, 2016
Please be advised that MARx UI login functionality may not be available between 12:00 AM ET and 4:00 AM ET on Sunday, April 24, 2016 due to weekly EIDM maintenance.
- April 14, 2016 – MARx UI Availability on Saturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17, 2016
Due to system maintenance, please be advised that the MARx UI will be in read-only mode from 8:00 PM ET until 11:30 PM ET on Saturday, April 16, 2016. The MARx UI will then be unavailable from 11:30 PM ET Saturday, April 16, 2016 until 5:00 AM ET Sunday, April 17, 2016.
- April 11, 2016 – MARx UI Availability on Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Please be advised that MARx UI login functionality may not be available between 12:01 AM ET and 4:00 AM ET on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 due to HPE Linux Patching.
- April 11, 2016 – Update: MAPD / MARx Login; Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) and Multifactor Authentication (MFA)
Users with existing accounts and roles for MAPD will need to register a device for MFA. Log in to your account at https://portal.cms.gov, click on the “Welcome” heading that displays your name (at the top right-hand side of the screen), and in the drop-down menu, click the “My Profile” link. Then, on the next screen, click on the link “Register Your Phone, Computer or E-Mail,” and register a device or mechanism to receive the Security Code to complete MFA.
For more information on registering an MFA device, please refer to the EIDM QRG Users Adding MFA to Application Role document in the Downloads section below. For additional detailed instructions, you may access the EIDM Training Video, “MFA Registration and Use,” by clicking on the CMS YouTube icon on the right-hand side of the EIDM Home Page, below CMS News.
Users with role requests pending EPOC approval or who had not created an account in EIDM / Portal prior to April 1st, 2016, are required to create a new account and request a role at this time.
Please note: New users and those requests which were pending EPOC approval, will have to submit a new user request and go through the Remote Identity Proofing (RIDP) and Multifactor Authentication (MFA) in order to gain access to CMS systems.
The EIDM User Guides may be accessed through https://portal.cms.gov, in the header click ‘Portal Help and FAQs’.
The MAPD Help Desk is experiencing heavy call and e-mail volume due to this change. If you have previously submitted a request, please be patient as we work through addressing all requests.
- April 6, 2016 – MARx UI Availability on Sunday, April 10, 2016
Please be advised that MARx UI login functionality will be unavailable between 12:00 AM ET and 7:00 AM ET on Sunday, April 10, 2016 due to EIDM Release 13 Deployment.
- March 1, 2016 – Announcement of the May 2016 Software Release
For detailed information regarding the May 2016 software release, please review the memo entitled “Announcement of the May 2016 Software Release” dated February 12, 2016 from Cheri Rice and Cathy Carter in the Downloads section below.
- February 29, 2016 – Plan Communications User Guide (Version 10.0) Now Available
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has posted a new version (version 10.0) of the Plan Communications User Guide (commonly referred to as the Guide) to the MAPD Help Desk Web site. Enhancements to the Guide reflect changes incorporated from the February 2016 Release. Please reference the Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans Communications User Guide link for the updated Guide.
- February 11, 2016 – Updated Year 2016 MARx Plan Monthly Schedule Now Available
The MARx Plan Monthly Schedule for 2016 has been updated to reflect revised Certification of Enrollment dates within the following months: April, May, June, July, August, and November. Text and color versions of the amended 2016 MARx calendar are available for Plans to review in the Downloads section below.
- February 10, 2016 – Change to the MAPD Help Desk Hours of Operation – Effective February 29, 2016
Please be advised that effective Monday, February 29, 2016 the hours of operation for the MAPD Help Desk will change to 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET, Monday through Friday; with exception of certain Federal Holidays. On the MARx File Submission Cut-off days, which occur monthly, the hours of operation for the MAPD Help Desk will be extended to 8:00 PM ET. The MARx File Submission Cut-off dates will continue to be communicated via monthly Plan Communications. Please ensure that your published references to our hours of operation are updated to reflect our new hours. We believe that the revised hours of operation will allow the Help Desk to focus additional resources to peak operating hours, thus providing CMS system users with a higher level of customer service.
- February 1, 2016 - Electronic Retroactive Processing Transmission (eRPT) moving to Enterprise Identify Management System (EIDM) for User Authentication
Please note that the eRPT application will be modified to replace user authentication using Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM). As a result, ALL users will need an EIDM account and request the NEW eRPT role to access the eRPT application. Further notifications will be sent out detailing the training sessions, timelines for requesting access, and additional instructions.
- January 22, 2016 – Advance Announcement of the May 2016 Software Release
Please review the memo entitled “Advance Announcement of the May 2016 Software Release” from Cheri Rice and Carole Gass dated January 21, 2016, in the Downloads section below for preliminary information regarding the planned release of systems changes scheduled for May 2016.
- Enrollment and Eligibility System Production Calendar for 2016 Now Available
The MAPD Production Schedule has been updated to reflect 2016 file transmissions. A text and color version of the calendar is available for Plans to review in the Downloads section below.
- Important Notice: MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents
Please be advised, a new information request form has been developed for use when e-mailing the MAPD Help Desk. Use of this form is required for new inquiries, and will help ensure that all information necessary for the MAPD Help Desk to provide prompt service is captured. In support of this form, a spreadsheet template is provided for those who need to submit HICNs with their support request. Use of the form and when applicable the associated spreadsheet will help facilitate accurate and timely processing of your support request. Please note that when using the spreadsheet to ensure CMS Security Policy for sending PII is followed.
Both the MAPD Help Desk Information Request Form and MAPD Help Desk HICN Spreadsheet are provided in the Downloads section below, in the attachment titled, “MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents.”
If you have any questions regarding secure submission of PII and/or the use of the MAPD Help Desk Information form or spreadsheet, please contact the MAPD Help Desk.
Regularly Scheduled Maintenance
As a reminder, the MARx UI may be unavailable due to Regularly Scheduled Maintenance during the following timeframes:
- Daily: 11:00 PM to 12:30 AM ET.
- Weekly: Sunday evening at 6:00 PM to Monday morning at 6:00 AM ET.
Also, GENTRAN/TIBCO may be unavailable due to Weekly System Backup during the following timeframe:
- Weekly: Sunday Morning at 1:00 AM to approximately 3:00 AM ET.
MARx UI Submission Cut Off Dates
Please reference the following table for the 2016 Plan Data Due dates for MARx transaction submissions. Cutoff for the submission of MARx transaction files is 8:00 PM (Eastern Time) on the dates listed below:
|Payment Month||Plan Data Due Date|
|January 2016||December 4, 2015|
|February 2016||January 8, 2016|
|March 2016||February 5, 2016|
|April 2016||March 11, 2016|
|May 2016||April 8, 2016|
|June 2016||May 13, 2016|
|July 2016||June 10, 2016|
|August 2016||July 8, 2016|
|September 2016||August 12, 2016|
|October 2016||September 9, 2016|
|November 2016||October 7, 2016|
|December 2016||November 11, 2016|
Contacting the MAPD Help Desk
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET.
- EIDM QRG Users Adding MFA to Application Role [PDF, 1006KB]
- Announcement of the May 2016 Software Release [PDF, 54KB]
- Updated Year 2016 Plan MARx Monthly Schedule (Color) [PDF, 92KB]
- Updated Year 2016 Plan MARx Monthly Schedule (Text Format) [PDF, 47KB]
- Advance Announcement of the May 2016 Software Release [PDF, 156KB]
- Enrollment and Eligibility System Production Calendar for 2016 (Color-coded) [PDF, 143KB]
- Enrollment and Eligibility System Production Calendar for 2016 (Text Format) [PDF, 16KB]
- MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents [ZIP, 40KB]
- Page last Modified: 04/28/2016 11:56 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins