Section 1893(h) of the Social Security Act, which authorized the Recovery Audit Program expansion nationwide, requires an annual Report to Congress, including information on the performance of such contractors on identified underpayments and overpayments and recouping overpayments, including an evaluation of the comparative performance of such contractors and savings to the program. CMS also posts quarterly updates of the Recovery Audit Program, as well as additional reports such as the National Program Total Corrections. These reports are available in the Downloads section below.
The Recovery Audit Prepayment Review Demonstration has ended. CMS will post an evaluation of the demonstration in the future. Previous status updates are available in the Downloads section below.
- FY 2015 Medicare FFS RAC Report to Congress [PDF, 488KB]
- FY 2015 Medicare FFS RAC Report to Congress - Appendices [PDF, 822KB]
- RAC SOW – Regions 1-4 – November 30, 2016 [PDF, 517KB]
- RAC SOW – Region 5 – November 30, 2016 [PDF, 1MB]
- Recovery Audit Program Improvements - November 24, 2017 [PDF, 140KB]
- National Program Totals – March 4, 2016 [PDF, 399KB]
- FY 2014 Medicare FFS RAC Report to Congress [PDF, 623KB]
- FY 2013 Medicare FFS RAC Report to Congress [PDF, 559KB]
- ADR Limits – Institutional Provider (Facilities) - January 29, 2018 [PDF, 75KB]
- ADR Limits – Supplier – April 4, 2013 [PDF, 92KB]
- ADR Limits – Physician – February 14, 2011 [PDF, 18KB]
- Medicare Part A & B Appeals [PDF, 1MB]
- Page last Modified: 05/17/2018 1:51 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins