About this Page
The following contact information is intended to assist providers and vendors to ask questions, troubleshoot problems, and request guidance and support. The different Help Desks and their focus areas are listed below.
Important Notice about Sending Emails to CMS
Please note that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Help Desk email systems are not secured to receive protected health information or patient-level data with direct identifiers. Submitting patient-level data or protected health information may be a violation of your facilities’ policies and procedures as well as a violation of federal regulations (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Do NOT submit patient-identifiable information (e.g., date of birth, social security number, and health insurance claim number) to these addresses. If you are unsure of whether the information you are submitting is identifiable, please contact your institution's Privacy Officer.
Help Desks Available for Provider Support for Long-Term Care Hospitals (LTCHs)
- For questions related to the LTCH QRP including:
- LTCH Continuity Assessment Record and Evaluation (CARE) Data Set (LCDS)
- Data submission timelines
- LTCH QRP assessment-based quality measures
- LTCH QRP claims-based quality measures
- Email: LTCHQualityQuestions@cms.hhs.gov
- For questions about LTCH quality data submitted to CMS via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Healthcare Safely Network (NHSN), or NHSN Registration:
- Email: NHSN@cdc.gov
- For questions related to Public Reporting of LTCH QRP quality data on Care Compare or Provider Data Catalog (PDC) including:
- Email: LTCHPRquestions@cms.hhs.gov
- For questions about the LCDS data submission and reports:
- Accessing the Internet Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (iQIES)
- General issues related to iQIES
- Technical issues related to iQIES, such as the data submission specifications
- Submission/validation reports
- Phone: 1-800-339-9313
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about the LTCH QRP Reconsideration process including:
- How to file a request if you receive a letter of non-compliance from CMS
- Deadline for filing a Request for Reconsideration
- How to dispute a finding of non-compliance with the QRP reporting requirements that can lead to a 2% payment reduction
- Requesting information about the LTCH QRP payment reduction for failure to report required quality data
- Email: LTCHQRPReconsiderations@cms.hhs.gov
- CMS sends informational messages to LTCHs that are NOT meeting Annual Update (i.e., Annual Payment Update [APU]) thresholds on a quarterly basis ahead of each submission deadline.
- Email: QRPHelp@swingtech.com to receive this information.
- Include your facility name and CMS Certification Number (CCN) with this request.
Listserv Available for Provider Support for LTCHs
Subscribe to the Post-Acute Care (PAC) QRP listserv for the latest LTCH quality reporting and the Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act of 2014 program information, including but not limited to training, stakeholder engagement opportunities, and general updates about reporting requirements, quality measures, and reporting deadlines.