Physician Compare Initiative
Welcome to the Physician Compare Initiative webpage. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) provides this site to give physicians and other clinicians the latest resources and information about Physician Compare, a website designed to help consumers make informed choices about the health care they receive through Medicare.
Did you miss the “What’s New with Physician Compare” webinars?
On February 21 and 22, The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) hosted two “What’s New with Physician Compare” webinars, where we shared information about the recent PY 2016 measures release on Physician Compare, star ratings, and upcoming additions to the website including the future release of the Quality Payment Program performance information. If you missed it, check out the presentation materials:
- Presentation slides - a PDF document of the PowerPoint slides.
Physician Compare Quality Measure Technical Expert Panel (TEP) Summary Report now available
The Physician Compare TEP provides guidance on the specific measures recommended for public reporting as well as the display of the quality data on Physician Compare. The TEP consists of patient advocates, clinicians, and researchers, with expertise in improving health care quality and developing, testing, and publicly reporting performance information.
The Physician Compare support team and the TEP met to discuss which PY 2016 quality measures would be available for public reporting on Physician Compare in late 2017. The summary report from that meeting is now available. This report includes an analysis of the 2016 measures selected for public reporting and information on ABC benchmark and star rating cut-offs.
Visit Informational Materials to review summaries of our past TEP meetings.
Contact Physician Compare
Do you have questions, suggestions, or other feedback for Physician Compare? Then contact the Physician Compare support team at PhysicianCompare@Westat.com.
- Physician_Compare_Webinar_Slides_February_2018 [PDF, 729KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 Group Profile Page Measures [PDF, 202KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 Group Downloadable Database Measures [PDF, 183KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 Clinician Downloadable Database Measures [PDF, 151KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 Non-PQRS QCDR Measures [PDF, 248KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2015 Clinician Utilization Data [PDF, 524KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 ACO Profile Page Measures [PDF, 196KB]
- Physician Compare Benchmark and Star Ratings Fact Sheet [PDF, 243KB]
- Page last Modified: 03/23/2018 11:08 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins