The Shared Savings Program makes data on Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) publicly available through different sources. Find the most recent data on this webpage and Data.CMS.gov. For a complete list of publicly available data, see Publicly Available Data Sources and ACO Performance Data maintained by CMS.
ACO Participation and Performance Data
Program Fast Facts
Provides summary information about the Shared Savings Program, including:
- Historical program information (including program size, quality, and shared savings)
- 2018 ACO information (including characteristics, composition, and participation information)
- 2018 ACO assigned beneficiary population
Displays an interactive map of the U.S. showing (pinpoint) locations of Shared Savings Program ACOs and select details including:
- ACO service area
- ACO Public Contact information
- ACO public reporting website
List of ACOs
Provides organizational information about ACOs including:
- Start date
- Service area
- Public reporting website
- Executive Contact information
- Public Contact information
List of ACO Participants
Shows a listing of ACO participants by ACO name.
List of Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Affiliates
Shows a listing of ACO SNF affiliates by ACO name.
ACO Public Use File (PUF)
Provides financial and quality performance data for each de-identified ACO, by performance year, including the following:
- Overall quality score
- Final sharing rate
- Minimum savings rate (MSR)
- Minimum loss rate (MLR)
Includes assigned beneficiary demographic characteristics and provider/supplier composition.
A subset of quality measure data is also reported on in the Physician Compare website. Publishing these measures supports the goal of transparency and allows stakeholders to better understand key elements of quality of care performance.
Research Identifiable Files (RIFs)
Certain identifiable performance year data is available through ResDAC for a fee to researchers who obtain an appropriate Data Use Agreement (DUA).
- Beneficiary-Level RIF: Beneficiary-identifiable data for every beneficiary assigned to a Shared Savings Program ACO during the performance year, including: ACO name and start date, calendar year/quarter of assignment; unique beneficiary identifier, date of birth/death, gender, race; and reason for Medicare eligibility, dual status, Part D enrollment status.
- Provider-Level RIF: Provider-identifiable data for institutional and individual providers who participated in a Shared Savings Program ACO during the performance year, including: ACO name and start date; provider identifiers; and provider characteristics (facility type – institutions; practice type/specialty – individuals, count primarily served).
For information on Shared Savings Program Data.CMS.gov file functionality, see ACOs in Your State.
- Page last Modified: 01/16/2018 9:58 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins