IRF Quality Reporting Data Submission Deadlines
When does Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) quality data have to be submitted?
Each fiscal year (FY), you must report data to meet Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Quality Reporting Program (IRF QRP) Program requirements. You must submit your data no later than 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time by the deadlines we’ve listed below. The IRF-Patient Assessment Instrument (PAI) must be transmitted to CMS through the Assessment Submission and Processing (ASAP) system to the Quality Improvement Evaluation System (QIES). Data for the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) measures must be submitted to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).No additional data submission is required for the claims-based measures.
CMS strongly encourages all facilities to submit data several days prior to the deadline to allow time to address any submission issues and to provide opportunity to review submissions to ensure data is complete.
Visit CMS Resources for NHSN Users webpage for:
- Guidance on how to run and interpret NHSN output reports
- Checklist to ensure complete reporting into NHSN.
Visit the NHSN fact sheet:
- When trying to determine when monthly reporting plan, event, and summary data were first entered or last modified.
Please contact the NHSN Helpdesk: NHSN@cdc.gov if you have any questions.
- For questions about IRF-PAI coding, IRF-PAI data submissions or status of data submissions via CASPER reports, call 1-800-339-9313 or email email@example.com.
- For questions about IRF quality data submitted to CMS via CDC’s NHSN, or NHSN Registration, email NHSN@cdc.gov.
- Detailed guidance on how to run and interpret IRF-PAI provider reports can be found in Section 3 of the CASPER Reporting Users Manual. For questions about quality measure calculation, data submission deadlines, or data items contained within the Quality Indicator section of the IRF-PAI, email IRF.Questions@cms.hhs.gov.
- Subscribe to the PAC QRP listserv for the latest IRF quality reporting and IMPACT Act program information including but not limited to training, stakeholder engagement opportunities, and general updates about reporting requirements, quality measures, and reporting deadlines.
June 26, 2018
Data Collection & Final Submissions Deadlines table posted
A table providing the data collection time frames and final submission deadlines for the FY 2020 IRF QRP has been posted in the Downloads section below.
- PAC-IRF-FY2019-APU-Compliant-List [PDF, 1MB]
- Data Collection Final Submission Deadlines for the FY 2020 IRF QRP_revised [PDF, 123KB]
- PAC-IRF-QRG-FY2020-508 [PDF, 156KB]
- IRF QRP FY 2018 APU Compliant List.pdf [PDF, 902KB]
- IRF_LTCH QRP NHSN Data Submission Deadline Extension February 2017.pdf [PDF, 48KB]
- IRF QRP Data Collection and Final Submission Deadlines for the FY 2021 IRF QRP [PDF, 124KB]
- Page last Modified: 12/07/2018 10:34 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins