User ID Process
Obtaining HPMS Access
All users that require access to HPMS must request a CMS user ID. At this time, there are two processes for making this request:
- You can submit the paper-based EUA user access form. The form and form instructions are available in the Downloads section below. Please note that you must submit an original, signed form (no copies). The form must be completed in its entirety, or it will be destroyed. These requests require on average two weeks, so please plan accordingly when making your request.
- You can also now use the EFI system to request a CMS user ID. The HPMS EFI instructions are also available in the Downloads section below. Please ensure that you follow the EFI instructions carefully to avoid errors that will delay the processing of your submission. These requests require on average one week to complete.
Questions regarding the user ID process should be directed to HPMS_access@cms.hhs.gov.
Consultant and Signatory HPMS Access
All users that require HPMS access as a consultant (i.e., users that are not a direct employee of the organization) or require electronic signature access must follow the instructions identified in the below memos. Failure to follow these instructions may jeopardize your HPMS access. Any questions regarding this process should be directed to HPMSConsultantAccess@cms.hhs.gov.
- Instructions for Completing the EUA User Access Paper Form [PDF, 27KB]
- EUA_AccessForm [PDF, 533KB]
- Instructions for Requesting EUA User Access via EFI [PDF, 115KB]
- Instructions for Requesting Electronic Signature Access in HPMS [PDF, 139KB]
- Instructions for Requesting Consultant Access in HPMS [PDF, 126KB]
- General Consultant User Access Form - April 06, 2018 [PDF, 52KB]
- Instructions for Requesting Drug Manufacturer Access in HPMS [PDF, 130KB]
- Page last Modified: 10/15/2018 5:18 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins