Nevada Consumer Assistance

Nevada Consumer Assistance

Nevada’s participation in the federal Consumer Assistance Program grant has been completed, however, Office of the Consumer Health Advocate (OCHA) continues their program to provide assistance to consumers with health insurance questions or problems. You can contact OCHA via at 1-888-333-1597.

If you need health insurance, be sure to check out Nevada Health Link. It will help you find and compare health care coverage options in your area. In addition, the agencies listed below can help answer your questions about different types of coverage available in your state.

If you have questions about insurance you bought for yourself and/or your family or you have insurance provided by an employer who does business only in Nevada, contact: Nevada Division of Insurance
Las Vegas Office
3300 W. Sahara Ave., Suite 275
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102

Carson City Office
1818 East College Parkway, Suite 103
Carson City, Nevada 89706
(888) 872-3234

If you have a hard time affording health coverage and you have questions about eligibility for Medicaid or about current Medicaid benefits, go to:
Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (Medicaid)

For more information on in-person services during Covid-19:        

If you are not eligible for Medicaid, your child may still be eligible for the Children’s Health Insurance Program. For questions about eligibility or benefits, go to: Nevada Check Up (Children's Health Insurance Program)
(877) 543-7669

For more information on in-person services during Covid-19:

If you have a question, complaint, or dispute regarding insurance you get through a “self-insured” employer (typically a large company or one with locations in multiple states or countries), go to: U.S. Department of Labor
Employee Benefits Security Administration
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
(866) 444-3272 If you are on Medicare and have a question, or if you have a disability or end stage renal disease and want to enroll or find out if you are eligible for Medicare, contact:

State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
Aging and Disability Services Division Administrative Office
3416 Goi Road, Suite D-132
Carson City, NV 89706
(800) 307-4444

If you are a veteran and have a question or concern about veterans’ health care benefits, go to:

US Department of Veterans Affairs
(877) 222-VETS (8387)
If you have questions about your health insurance that are not covered by the above resources, call the Health Insurance Assistance Team of the U.S. Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight at (888) 393-2789.

Back to Map

Page Last Modified:
09/06/2023 04:57 PM