Arkansas Consumer Assistance

Arkansas’s participation in the federal Consumer Assistance Program grant was completed in April 2014, however, my AR Insurance, the health insurance Exchange in your state continues their program to provide assistance to consumers with health insurance questions or problems. You can contact my AR Insurance via their toll-free hotline at 844-355-3262.

If you need health insurance, be sure to check out’s Plan Finder. - Opens in a new window  It will help you find and compare health care coverage options in your area. In addition, the agencies listed below can help answer your questions about different types of coverage available in your state.

If you have questions about insurance you bought for yourself and/or your family or you have insurance provided by an employer who does business only in Arkansas, contact:
Arkansas Insurance Department
1200 West Third St
Little Rock, AR 27701
(501) 371-2640 (local)
(800) 852-5494 (email)

If you have a hard time affording health coverage and you have questions about eligibility for Medicaid or about current Medicaid benefits, go to:
Arkansas Department of Human Services
Donaghey Plaza
P.O. Box 1437
Little Rock, AR 72203
(800) 482-8988

You may apply in person at the County Offices of the Department of Health and Human Services, federally qualified rural health centers, and at most hospitals. If you need help, please call (800) 482-8988.

If you are not eligible for Medicaid, your child may still be eligible for the Children’s Health Insurance Program. For questions about eligibility or benefits, go to:
ARkids First Health Insurance
Call to speak with an enrollment counselor
(888) 474-8275

If you have a question, complaint, or dispute regarding insurance you get through a “self-insured” employer (typically a large company or one with locations in multiple states or countries), go to:
U.S. Department of Labor
Employee Benefits Security Administration
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
(866) 4-USA-DOL ((866) 487-2365)

If you are on Medicare and have a question, or if you have a disability or end stage renal disease and want to enroll or find out if you are eligible for Medicare, contact:
(800) 633-4227

If you are a veteran and have a question or concern about veterans’ health care benefits, go to:
US Department of Veterans Affairs

(877) 222-VETS (8387)

If you have questions about your health insurance that are not covered by the above resources, call the Health Insurance Assistance Team of the U.S. Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight at (888) 393-2789.

Back to Map