Arkansas Consumer Assistance
Arkansas’s participation in the federal Consumer Assistance Program grant was completed in April 2014, however, my AR Insurance, the health insurance Exchange in your state continues their program to provide assistance to consumers with health insurance questions or problems. You can contact my AR Insurance via their toll-free hotline at 844-355-3262.
If you need health insurance, be sure to check out HealthCare.gov’s Plan Finder. - Opens in a new window It will help you find and compare health care coverage options in your area. In addition, the agencies listed below can help answer your questions about different types of coverage available in your state.
If you have questions about insurance you bought for yourself and/or your family or you have insurance provided by an employer who does business only in Arkansas, contact:
Arkansas Insurance Department
1200 West Third St
Little Rock, AR 27701
(501) 371-2640 (local)
If you have a hard time affording health coverage and you have questions about eligibility for Medicaid or about current Medicaid benefits, go to:
Arkansas Department of Human Services
P.O. Box 1437
Little Rock, AR 72203
You may apply in person at the County Offices of the Department of Health and Human Services, federally qualified rural health centers, and at most hospitals. If you need help, please call (800) 482-8988.
If you are not eligible for Medicaid, your child may still be eligible for the Children’s Health Insurance Program. For questions about eligibility or benefits, go to:
ARkids First Health Insurance
Call to speak with an enrollment counselor
If you have a question, complaint, or dispute regarding insurance you get through a “self-insured” employer (typically a large company or one with locations in multiple states or countries), go to:
U.S. Department of Labor
Employee Benefits Security Administration
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
(866) 4-USA-DOL ((866) 487-2365)
If you are on Medicare and have a question, or if you have a disability or end stage renal disease and want to enroll or find out if you are eligible for Medicare, contact:
If you are a veteran and have a question or concern about veterans’ health care benefits, go to:
US Department of Veterans Affairs
(877) 222-VETS (8387)
If you have questions about your health insurance that are not covered by the above resources, call the Health Insurance Assistance Team of the U.S. Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight at (888) 393-2789.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)