Financial Alignment Initiative (FAI)
|SPOTLIGHT & RELEASES|
04/04/2019 - (FAI Capitated Model page)
04/01/2019 - (FAI Beneficiary Counseling & Ombudsman Programs page)
The notice of funding opportunity (NOFO) can be accessed by using the following link and searching for CFDA number 93.634: http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html
03/19/2019 - (FAI Capitated Model page)
OverviewA longstanding barrier to coordinating care for Medicare-Medicaid enrollees has been the financial misalignment between Medicare and Medicaid. To begin to address this issue, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will test models with States to better align the financing of these two programs and integrate primary, acute, behavioral health and long-term services and supports for their Medicare-Medicaid enrollees.
- Capitated Model: A State, CMS, and a health plan enter into a three-way contract, and the plan receives a prospective blended payment to provide comprehensive, coordinated care.
- Learn more about the capitated model.
- Managed Fee-for-Service Model: A State and CMS enter into an agreement by which the state would be eligible to benefit from a portion of savings from initiatives designed to improve quality and reduce costs for both Medicare and Medicaid.
- Learn more about the managed fee-for-service model.
DemonstrationsCMS is providing an opportunity for three demonstration states with current end dates of December 31, 2018 -- Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Washington -- to extend the scheduled end dates for the demonstrations until December 31, 2020.
Resources for ImplementationImplementation of each demonstration will be a collaborative effort between CMS and the state. CMS has made several resources available to assist states with implementation activities:
Additional ResourcesThe Financial Alignment Initiative has two models, the capitated model and managed fee-for-service model. To learn more about enrollee experiences with the capitated and managed fee-for-service model demonstrations to date visit the resource below:
To view performance data on care coordination activities and experiences in the capitated model, visit the resource below:
Please visit Information and Guidance for Plans to learn more about information and guidance for Medicare-Medicaid Plans (MMPs) participating in the capitated model demonstrations and the Minnesota Demonstration to Integrate Care for Dual Eligibles in the areas of:
- Application & Annual Requirements
- Reporting Requirements
- Audit Programs
- Encounter Data Reporting
- Marketing Information & Resources
- Quality Withhold Methodology & Technical Notes
- Chronic Care Improvement Programs & Quality Improvement Projects
- Page last Modified: 04/17/2019 8:57 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins