Massachusetts Financial Alignment Demonstration (One Care)
|SPOTLIGHT & RELEASES|
On August 23, 2012, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts will partner with CMS in the Financial Alignment Initiative to test a new model for providing Medicare-Medicaid enrollees with a more coordinated, person-centered care experience.
Under the demonstration, also called "One Care: MassHealth plus Medicare," CMS and Massachusetts will contract with "One Care" plans that will coordinate the delivery of and be accountable for all covered Medicare, Medicaid, and expanded services for participating Medicare-Medicaid enrollees in the Commonwealth.
August 22, 2012 - CMS and Massachusetts sign MOU
July 16, 2013 - CMS, Massachusetts, and participating plans execute three-way contract
October 1, 2013 - Start of opt-in enrollment
January 1, 2014 - Start of passive enrollment
December 31, 2015 - CMS, Massachusetts, and participating plans execute updated three-way contract
July 5, 2016 - CMS, Massachusetts, and participating plans execute updated three-way contract
June 11, 2018 - CMS, Massachusetts, and participating plans execute updated three-way contract
More information from CMS:
- Fact Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Three-Way Contract
- State Proposal
- First Evaluation Report from the Massachusetts capitated model demonstration under the Medicare-Medicaid Financial Alignment Initiative (10/20/2017)
- Readiness Review Tool
- Massachusetts Evaluation Design Plan
- Letter of Intent to Extend Scheduled End Date
- Massachusetts Medicare-Medicaid Plan Quality Withhold Analysis Results for Demonstration Year 1
- Massachusetts Medicare-Medicaid Plan Quality Withhold Analysis Results for Demonstration Year 2
- Massachusetts Medicare-Medicaid Plan Quality Withhold Analysis Results for Demonstration Year 3
Information for Plans:
- All state-specific information and guidance for plans is available on the Information and Guidance for Plans page.
Information for Beneficiaries and Providers:
Information from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts:
- Consumer Website: One Care: MassHealth plus Medicare
- Integrating Medicare and Medicaid for Dual Eligible Individuals
Massachusetts "Duals Demonstration 2.0" Proposal for Public Comment:
The Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services has submitted for CMS review a proposal for a new demonstration that would include both the One Care demonstration (for dually eligible individuals under age 65) and the Senior Care Options Dual Eligible Specials Needs Plan program (for dually eligible individuals ages 65 and older).
CMS welcomes public input on this proposal, which is available on the Integrated Care Resource Center website.
Please submit comments by 5 p.m. Pacific Time on October 17, 2018 to MMCOcomments@cms.hhs.gov.
- Page last Modified: 04/17/2019 9:12 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins