Provider and Stakeholder Engagement
About this Page
The Provider and Stakeholder Engagement webpage is where CMS posts engagement materials, upcoming opportunities, and activities. The opportunities relate to CMS’ ongoing efforts to develop new quality measures for the Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP), develop the new hospice patient assessment, Hospice Outcomes & Patient Evaluation (HOPE), and maintain the Hospice Item Set (HIS). CMS’ processes, inclusive of opportunities for engagement, follow standard guidelines for measure and instrument development which are further described on the Quality Measure Development webpage.
CMS actively seeks to engage with stakeholders as it develops new quality measures, including HOPE. CMS aims to provide as many relevant opportunities as possible to solicit comments from the public, including but not limited to open door forums (ODF’s) and HQRP Forums, technical expert panels (TEPs), focus groups, and expert interviews. Announcements related to these stakeholder engagement opportunities will appear on the Spotlight & Announcement page of this website and the full list of engagements are available on this webpage. DownloadsHospiceAssessment@cms.hhs.gov
In addition to the CMS HQRP website, providers can access updates by signing up for listservs pertinent to the HQRP by visiting each of the links for the listservs below:
- Subscribe to the PAC QRP listserv for the latest Hospice quality reporting information including but not limited to training, stakeholder engagement opportunities, and general updates about reporting requirements, quality measures, and reporting deadlines.
- Open Door Forum (ODF) listserv: CMS regularly holds ODFs in which CMS makes announcements pertinent to various programs/care settings. ODFs are also an opportunity for live dialogue between CMS and the provider community at large. The specific ODF pertinent to the HQRP is the "Home Health, Hospice, and Durable Medical Equipment Open Door Forum". Click here to sign up for this listserv, and click on the "Home Health, Hospice & DME Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign Up" link at the bottom of the webpage, under "Related Links".
- MLN Connects: Weekly newsletter which contains CMS program and policy details, updates and announcements, press releases, upcoming educational event registration and reminders, claim, Pricer, and code information and updates on new and revised MLN Publications. Subscribe to the weekly email newsletter.
- QTSO webpage and email communications: Providers can access technical and program level updates. This could include assessment submission system updates, trainings, data specification updates, report updates, or system downtimes.
July 20, 2021
Register Now for an Upcoming Hospice Quality Reporting Program Forum--- Focus on the HQRP portion of the FY 2022 Hospice Final Rule
Title: CMS Hospice Quality Reporting Program Forum – FY 2022 Rulemaking Update focused on the HQRP portions of the rule
Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Time: 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. ET
On Wednesday, August 4th, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will host a webinar to share updates on the on the fiscal year (FY) 2022 Hospice Wage Index and Payment Rate Update and Hospice Quality Reporting Requirements Final Rule. By attending this webinar, you should be better prepared for the October 1st implementation of this final rule related to HQRP.
During this webinar, a CMS subject matter expert will provide information on the following topics:
- FY 2022 Hospice Final Rule summary of the HQRP sections
- Public display of quality measures and other hospice data updates
CMS will answer questions at the end of the webinar, as time permits.
Registration Link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7879279960570652687
After you register, you will receive a dial-in number and webinar link. You will not be able to share your registration information as it will be unique to you. Please check your spam filter if you do not receive an email confirmation.
For More Information
If you have questions, please email CMSQualityTeam@ketchum.com.
May 12, 2021
CMS Announces Hospice Outcomes & Patient Evaluation (HOPE) Beta Test Recruitment
CMS and their contractor, Abt Associates are now recruiting Medicare-certified hospice providers to participate in a beta test of the draft hospice patient assessment instrument called Hospice Outcomes & Patient Evaluation (HOPE). Recruitment ends June 14, 2021. Data collection is anticipated to begin in fall 2021.
The detailed recruitment announcement and application for participation are available in the Downloads section below. Those interested in participating should complete the application and email to HospiceAssessment@CMS.hhs.gov by June 14, 2021.
The HOPE development work is under CMS contract number 75FCMC18D0014 and task order number 75FCMC19F0001.