CMS Division of Tribal Affairs
Important information for our tribal partners
SAVE THE DATE
CMS Region IX and the Phoenix Area IHS
Outreach and Education Event
October 24 – 25, 2018
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tempe
4400 South Rural Road
Tempe, AZ 85282
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is committed to helping the Indian Health Service (IHS), Tribal Health Programs, and Urban Indian Programs to maximize their ability to access third party resources. To meet this objective, CMS, in partnership with the States, the Veterans Administration, the Social Security Administration, the DHHS Office of the Inspector General, and the IHS, provides training to patient benefits advocates on the programs and benefits available through Medicare, Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Topics at a glance:
• CMS Tribal Affairs Updates
• Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP and the New Medicare Card Project
• State-Administered Programs
• Social Security, Veterans Affairs, and much more.
Please register at:https://www.eventbrite.com/o/centers-for-medicare-amp-medicaid-services-17839391688
Click on the above link to learn more about the implementation of the new Medicare card and new Medicare number
From April 2018 to April 2019, older adults will receive new Medicare cards from CMS. To help protect elders from identity theft, these new cards will replace social security numbers with Medicare numbers that are unique to each beneficiary. This webinar focuses on the implementation of the new Medicare card and its impact throughout Indian Country.
Click on the New Medicare Card Fact Sheet to help prepare and learn 10 Things to know about your new Medicare Card.
- Indian Health Service - Opens in a new window
- Administration On Aging (AoA) - Opens in a new window
- ACF Administration For Native Americans - Opens in a new window
- DHHS Intergovernmental Affairs - Tribal Affairs - Opens in a new window
- Health Finder.gov - Opens in a new window
- National Congress Of American Indians - Opens in a new window
- National Indian Council On Aging - Opens in a new window
- National Indian Health Board - Opens in a new window
- Office of Tribal Justice - Opens in a new window
- Urban Indian Health - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 10/09/2018 3:31 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins