Connecticut Consumer Assistance

Connecticut Consumer Assistance

Connecticut’s participation in the federal Consumer Assistance Program grant has completed, however, the Connecticut Department of Insurance continues to provide assistance to consumers with health insurance questions or problems. You can contact them at 1-800-203-3447.

The agencies listed below can help you take advantage of some of these protections and benefits and they can answer your questions about different types of coverage.

If you need health insurance, be sure to check out AccessHealth CT. It will help you find and compare health care coverage options in your area.

If you have questions about insurance you bought for yourself and/or your family or you have insurance provided by an employer who does business only in Connecticut, contact:

Connecticut Department of Insurance
Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 816
Hartford, Ct 06142-0816
(800) 203-3447


If you have a hard time affording health coverage and you have questions about eligibility for Medicaid or about current Medicaid benefits, go to:

HUSKY Health

To apply at a local field office please visit:

If you are not eligible for Medicaid, your child may still be eligible for the Children’s Health Insurance Program. For questions about eligibility or benefits, go to:

HUSKY B (Children’s Health Insurance Program)

To apply at a local field office please visit:


If you have a question, complaint, or dispute regarding insurance you get through a “self-insured” employer (typically a large company or one with locations in multiple states or countries), go to:

U.S. Department of Labor
Employee Benefits Security Administration
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
(866) 444-3272

If you are on Medicare and have a question, or if you have a disability or end stage renal disease and want to enroll or find out if you are eligible for Medicare, contact:

State Department of Aging
55 Farmington Ave.

Hartford, CT 06105-3730


If you are a veteran and have a question or concern about veterans’ health care benefits, go to:

US Department of Veterans Affairs
(877) 222-VETS (8387)

If you have additional concerns or need assistance with complaints, or a dispute regarding insurance purchased through your employer, Medicaid coverage, Medicare coverage, or “self-insured” employer you can contact:

State of Connecticut Office of the Health Care Advocate
Mailing Address:

P.O. BOX 1543
Hartford CT 06144
(866) 466-4446


If you have questions about your health insurance that are not covered by the above resources, call the Health Insurance Assistance Team of the U.S. Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight at (888) 393-2789.

Back to Map

Page Last Modified:
09/06/2023 04:57 PM