|05/11/2018 - 2018 MMP Performance Data Technical Notes & 2018 MMP Performance Data|
Under the capitated model, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), a state, and a health plan enter into a three-way contract to provide comprehensive, coordinated care.
Prior to enrolling or marketing under the capitated model, each health plan must pass a readiness review.
In the capitated model, CMS and the state will pay each health plan a prospective capitation payment. More information on rate setting:
- Joint Rate-Setting Process for the Capitated Financial Alignment Model (04/25/17)
- Proposed Changes to the CMS-HCC Risk Adjustment Model for Payment Year 2017 Memo (10/28/15)
- Medicare A/B Payment to Medicare-Medicaid Plans Participating in the Financial Alignment Initiative for Contract Year 2016 Memo (11/12/15)
Medicare-Medicaid Plan Performance Data
Under the capitated model, CMS is collecting a variety of measures that examine plan performance and the quality of care provided to enrollees. The Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP) performance data published here represent currently available data on MMP performance on certain Medicare Parts C and D quality measures as well as select CMS core and state-specific measures that MMPs are required to report.
- 2018 MMP Performance Data Technical Notes
- 2018 MMP Performance Data
- 2017 MMP Performance Data Technical Notes
- 2017 MMP Performance Data
For additional information on the longer term vision for a quality ratings strategy and the way that information on MMP performance will be publicly reported during the interim period see:
- Medicare-Medicaid Plan Quality Ratings and Performance Data Strategy Update (06/15/16)
- Medicare-Medicaid Plan Quality Ratings Strategy (11/06/15)
To participate in the Financial Alignment Initiative, each state had to submit a proposal outlining its proposed approach. States interested in the new financial alignment opportunities were required to submit a letter of intent by October 1, 2011. When a proposal meets the standards and conditions for the Financial Alignment Initiative, CMS and a state will develop a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to establish the parameters of the demonstration.
Visit these pages for more information about CMS approved demonstrations in specific states:
For more information, please email MMCOcapsmodel@cms.hhs.gov.
- Page last Modified: 05/11/2018 9:56 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins