The Present on Admission (POA) Indicator requirement and Hospital-Acquired Conditions (HAC) payment provision only apply to Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems (IPPS) Hospitals.
At this time, the following hospitals are exempt from reporting the POA Indicator and the HAC payment provision:
- Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs)
- Long-term Care Hospitals (LTCHs)
- Maryland Waiver Hospitals*
- Cancer Hospitals
- Children's Inpatient Facilities
- Religious Non-Medical Health Care Institutions
- Inpatient Psychiatric Hospitals
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
- Veterans Administration/Department of Defense Hospitals
*Maryland Waiver Hospitals must report the POA indicator on all claims.
- Page last Modified: 10/03/2019 11:20 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins