Part D Prescriber Enrollment - How to Enroll
If you are a prescribing pharmacist, please read the information on the Information for Pharmacists page for important information regarding your enrollment requirements.
There are two ways to enroll in Medicare:
- Enroll online using Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS). For step-by-step instructions, refer to the PECOS how-to-guide or watch this instructional video.
- Enroll offline by completing the paper CMS-855O application and submitting it to the fee-for-service A/B Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) within your specific jurisdiction. To locate you MAC, refer to MAC list on the CMS website.
What happens if I don't enroll?
CMS will begin phasing in targeted enforcement of the regulation, click here for the Fact Sheet. Physicians and other eligible professionals who prescribe Part D drugs should enroll or validly opt out of the Medicare program.
|Resources for Prescribers||Resources for Plans|
MAC CONTACT LIST:
|Resources - General|
* Physicians and other eligible professionals, except for prescribers for Medicare Advantage organizations, may validly opt out of Medicare .
- Page last Modified: 10/31/2016 4:51 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins