Section 1311(c)(4) of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) requires the HHS Secretary to develop an enrollee satisfaction survey system that assesses consumer experience with QHPs offered through an Exchange. It also requires public display of information by each Marketplace to allow individuals to assess enrollee experience among comparable plans.
CMS developed the QHP Enrollee Survey to assess enrollees’ experiences with QHPs offered through the Exchanges.
2023 QHP Enrollee Survey Instrument and Materials
The 2023 Qualified Health Plan Enrollee Experience Survey materials can be found here.
2023 QHP Enrollee Survey Technical Specifications
The QHP Enrollee Survey Technical Specifications for 2023 can be found here (PDF).
2023 QHP Enrollee Survey Operational Instructions
- The QRS & QHP Enrollee Survey Operational Instructions for 2023 (PDF)
- The 2023 QHP Issuer Attestation Statement and 2023 QRS and QHP Enrollee Survey: Ineligible Reporting Unit Information template (XLSX)
2023 HHS-Approved Survey Vendors
QHP issuers must contract with an HHS-approved survey vendor.
The final approved vendors for 2023 survey administration can be found here (PDF).
2023 Survey Vendor Training Slides
The slides from the 2023 Survey Vendor Training held on September 29, 2022 are available here (PDF).
Technical Assistance related to the QHP Enrollee Survey
Technical Assistance for QHP issuers and HHS-approved Survey Vendors is available. QHP issuers should contact the Marketplace Service Help Desk (MSD) reference "Marketplace Quality Initiatives": CMS_FEPS@cms.hhs.gov or 1-855-CMS-1515 (1-855-267-1515). Vendors should submit questions by emailing: QHP_Survey@air.org.
2023 QHP Enrollee Survey Materials (English)
2023 QHP Enrollee Survey Materials (Spanish)
2023 QHP Enrollee Survey Materials (Chinese)
Archive of Survey Vendor Solicitation Materials
- More information on the solicitation process is available here (PDF).
- 2023 prospective vendors submitted the Participation Form, available here (PDF).
- Survey vendors met the 2023 QHP Enrollee Survey Minimum Business Requirements (MBR), available here (PDF).
Exception Request and Discrepancy Report