Seema Verma currently serves as Administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and she is only the 15th person ever confirmed to the post. She was nominated by President Trump on November 29, 2016 – the seventh nomination by the President-elect – and confirmed by the U.S. Senate on March 13, 2017. As Administrator, Ms. Verma oversees a $1 trillion budget, 26% of the total federal budget, and administers healthcare programs for more than 130 million Americans every day.
A nationally recognized leader in health policy and operational design, she has guided healthcare policy in the public and private sector, working with states to build flexibility into their Medicaid programs to help them meet the diverse needs of their unique populations.
Administrator Verma is a graduate of the University of Maryland, and holds a Master’s degree in Public Health with a concentration in health policy and management from Johns Hopkins University.
Her editorial commentaries have appeared in the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post and Health Affairs, and she also previously served as Vice President of Planning for the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County, Indiana and most recently before heading CMS was President and CEO of SVC, Inc.
- Office of the Actuary
- Office of Acquisition & Grants Management
- Office of Communications
- Office of Enterprise Data & Analytics
- Office of Equal Opportunity & Civil Rights
- Federal Coordinated Health Care Office
- Office of Financial Management
- Office of Hearings & Inquiries
- Office of Human Capital
- Office of Information Technology
- Office of Legislation
- Office of Minority Health
- Office of Strategic Operations & Regulatory Affairs
- Office of Support Services & Operations