CMS Help Desk
For all questions related to recording data on the IRF patient assessment instrument (IRF-PAI) or using the Inpatient Rehabilitation Validation Entry (IRVEN) Software:
Coverage Hours: 8:00am (ET) to 8:00pm (ET) Monday through Friday
Please note: The CMS Help Desk is currently experiencing a high volume of calls. To receive priority, please send an E-mail inquiry and include 'IRF Clinical' in the subject line.
Helpdesk Resources for IRF Providers (2013)
If you have questions about Quality Reporting Program & Quality Reporting Items such as:
- Pressure ulcer coding
- Pressure ulcer staging
- General quality reporting questions
- Other quality measures (as released)
Contact Help@qtso.com or call 1-800-339-9313
If you have questions about IRF-PAI data completion, submission, or validation such as:
- Accessing QIES (username and password)
- Completing the clinical items on the IRF-PAI (for non-quality related sections)
- Data/record submissions
- Submission/validation reports
- CASPER reports
If you have questions about the IRF Coverage Requirements or Medicare payment policies such as:
- Admission requirements
- Documentation Requirements
- Therapy time requirements
- IRF Medicare reimbursement
- IRF-PAI late transmission payment penalty waiver requests and questions
If you have questions about the CDC or NHSN, such as:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) quality measures, such as Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI)
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) enrollment and reporting
If you have questions about the IRF Quality Reporting Program Reconsideration Process, such as:
- How to file a Request for Reconsideration if you receive a letter of non-compliance from CMS for the IRF Quality Reporting Program
- What is the deadline for filing a Request for Reconsideration?
- How to dispute a finding of non-compliance with the ACA 3004 IRF QRP reporting requirements that can lead to about a 2% payment reduction.
- Requesting information about the ACA 3004 IRF Quality Reporting Program payment reduction for failure to report required quality data
Helpdesk Resources for IRF Vendors
If you have questions about Vendor Issues, such as:
- IRF-PAI data specifications
- VUT (vendor tool to ensure software meets CMS requirements and will pass ASAP edits)
- Technical questions related to IRF-PAI data specifications
Toll-Free Customer Service for IRF billing/payment questions
See link below to the Medicare Learning Network. A document on that page provides toll-free customer service numbers for the fiscal intermediaries and Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs).
IRF PPS Listserv
See link below to sign up to receive information from the IRF PPS Listserv.