The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Consumer Assistance Program
Many states offer help to consumers with health insurance problems through Consumer Assistance Programs* (CAPs). Through a federal grant, many States have established CAPs in order to better assist consumers experiencing problems with their health insurance or seeking to learn about health coverage options. State CAPs offer direct assistance by phone, direct mail, email, or walk-in locations to help consumers learn how to obtain or use their insurance effectively. CAPs play a critical role in ensuring that consumers are able to find health insurance and are able to access the benefits to which they are entitled.
CAPs that are still in operation are funded exclusively through mechanisms other than federal grant funds.
*These programs received funding through Section 1002 of the Affordable Care Act.
How can I get direct help with a problem or question?
The map below will help you find the contact information for your State’s CAP. If your State doesn’t have a CAP, the map will direct you to other possible resources – such as the State Department of Insurance and the US Department of Labor – including phone numbers, email addresses, direct mailing addresses, and websites.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources