Below is a list of important items associated with the IRF-PAI. Software related to the submission of IRF-PAI data may be downloaded from the software menu of this web page.
2017 & 2018 IRF-PAI Information [Zip File]
- IRF-PAI (version 1.5)- This IRF-PAI will become effective October 1, 2017
- IRF-PAI (version 2.0)- This IRF-PAI will become effective October 1, 2018
- IRF-PAI Accessibility Reports and IRF-PAI version 1.5 and 2.0 Change Tables
- Updated IRF-PAI Training Manual – Section 2- Item by Item IRF PAI Coding Instructions updated to include changes that will be effective October 1, 2017 as finalized in the FY 2018 IRF PPS Final Rule.
2016 IRF-PAI Information
- Updated Section 4 (Quality Indicators) of IRF-PAI Training Manual V1.4 and Change Table
An updated version of Section 4, the Quality Indicators section, of the IRF-PAI Training Manual V1.4 is now available. This section has been revised to reflect information regarding data collection for the quality measures on the IRF-PAI version 1.4, effective October 1, 2016. In addition, a change table outlining the updates included in the August 2016, IRF-PAI Training Manual, Section 4 is available at this time
- April 29, 2016
Section 9 of the IRF-PAI Version 1.4 Training Manual - This section of the IRF-PAI Training Manual includes a table that allows providers to easily identify which items on the IRF-PAI Version 1.4 (effective beginning October 1, 2016) are required, or required if available, and which items are voluntary. Please refer to the IRF-PAI Data Submission Specifications for item-level responses that the QIES ASAP submission system will accept as a valid response to an item on the IRF-PAI for data submission starting on October 1, 2016. Draft Data Submission specifications for IRF-PAI Version 1.4 can be found on the Software page.
- IRF-PAI version 1.4 effective October 1, 2016
- Updated IRF-PAI Training Manual - IRF Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Measures Information have been updated to include changes that will be effective October 1, 2016 as finalized in the FY 2016 IRF PPS Final Rule. Updated IRF-PAI Training Manual - IRF QRP Measures Information - Effective October 1, 2016 [ZIP, 1MB]
2015 IRF-PAI Information
- Updated Sections of the IRF-PAI Training Manual - Effective Oct 1, 2015 [ZIP, 1MB]
- Final IRF-PAI effective October 1, 2015 [PDF, 466KB]
- Clarification on Use of Seventh Character Extensions in ICD-10-CM under the IRF PPS [PDF, 20KB]
- Follow up clarification from the January 15, 2015 IRF PPS National Provider Call [PDF, 31KB]
- Updated IRF-PAI Training Manual - Arthritis Attestation (Item 24A) and Therapy Information Section (Items O0401 and O0402) effective October 1, 2015. Additional updates in Helpful Resource Document and Section 2 (Item by Item IRF-PAI Coding Instructions) effective immediately.
- IRF-PAI MLN Connects National Provider Call January 15, 2015
2014 IRF-PAI Information
Important Notice on IRF-PAI Data Transmission
Before the IRF-PAI data can be transmitted to the CMS national assessment collection database, an IRF must be assigned a login and password for accessing the CMSNet and a login and password for accessing the National Assessment Collection Database. If you have questions regarding the assignment of logins and passwords, accessing the CMSNet or about the submission process, please contact the Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (QIES) Technical Support Office (QTSO) help desk at (800) 339-9313.
* The FIM data set, measurement scale and impairment codes incorporated or referenced in the IRF PAI are the property of U B Foundation Activities, Inc. © 1993, 2001 U B Foundation Activities, Inc. The FIM mark is owned by UBFA, Inc.
- Page last Modified: 08/15/2017 4:15 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins